Chris S. Pallia, MD
Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
Subspecialty: Sports Medicine
Interest: Joint Preservation and Replacement
230 Prospect Place Suite 230
Coronado, CA USA 92118
Sorrento Valley Office
4910 Directors Place, Suite #350
San Diego, CA 92121
Coronado – Orthopedic
San Diego – Sports Medicine
I approach every patient as an individual and look at every problem as important. My goals are not just to relieve pain but to maximize function, through non-operative techniques as well as through surgical correction for injured or diseased joints, tendons, ligaments and muscles.
My degree in Bioengineering from UC San Diego has given me a unique appreciation of the structure and function of the human body. I was exposed me to the top minds and thought leaders in medicine while studying Medicine at UCLA. After becoming board certified in Orthopedic Surgery, my sub-speciality training and board certification in arthroscopy and sports medicine has provided me the tools to optimally care for injured and degenerative joints (knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow)
I have taken a keen interest in knee joint preservation, using the latest techniques to avoid joint replacement such as biologic resurfacing with cartilage cells, joint realignment, and even bone fortification for stress reaction due to arthritis.
I apply a high level of expectation to myself and treat everyone with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. Continually acquiring new knowledge and skills, I use all the latest techniques and equipment.
Helping all my patients to achieve their goals in life gives me such satisfaction.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 2026
- Subspeciality Certification in Sports Medicine, 2026
- Qualified Medical Evaluator, State of California
- MAKO certified
- Biomet Oxford Unicompartmental Arthroplasty FDA Certification
- University of California at San Diego, San Diego B.S., Bioengineering 1991
- University of California at Los Angeles, Westwood, CAMD 1995
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA General Surgery 1996
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY Orthopedic Surgery 2001
- Oasis Sports Medical Group, San Diego, CA Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine 2002
- Scripps Memorial Hospital | La Jolla
- Sharp Coronado Hospital | 250 Prospect St. Coronado, CA 92118
State Society Memberships
California Orthopedic Association
Western Orthopedic Association
Additional Society Memberships
International Mountain Biking Association
APEX Patient Satisfaction Top SCP Score for Coronado in the 4th quarter of 2013 for Sharp Community Medical Group
Author of “The PC Knot: A secure and satisfying arthroscopic slip knot” Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery May 2003
Co-Author of article and presentation nominated for the Richard O’Connor Award at the Arthroscopic Association of North America 2001
Physician for the San Diego Rock ‘n Roll Marathon 2003, 2004
Team Physician for Helix High School, home of Reggie Bush and Alex Smith.